Porcelain veneers are extremely thin and translucent shells that almost resemble fingernails. Those shells are made precisely to fit teeth that you want to transform. The veneer covers anything you don’t want seen by the world and shows the world a perfectly shaped, perfectly sized, perfectly coloured tooth. Veneers can be applied to a single tooth or many teeth; several people focus on having veneers placed in their “smile zone” — your four incisors and the canine teeth on either side.
Getting a porcelain veneer in West Edmonton is one way to quickly transform your appearance and smile. Like so many cosmetic dentistry options available today, veneers are versatile in the way they can solve many problems at once. We’ll provide you with some more information about veneers in case any of these tooth flaws have been bothering you. Getting a porcelain veneer near you might be the ticket to a happier smile.
Why should you consider getting porcelain veneers?
Whether it’s one veneer to hide the flaws in a single problematic tooth or a whole suite of veneers to create a symmetrical and balanced set of pearly-whites, veneers from a dentist near you can accomplish a wide variety of goals. Here’s a summary list of the problems veneers can make disappear:
- Veneers can hide stains and discolourations that can’t be bleached away like those caused by infections, tobacco, medication, or trauma
- If the enamel on your teeth is extremely worn down, veneers can restore their lustre and protect the tooth
- Veneers can cover minor chips and fractures in teeth as long as the tooth is still structurally sound
- Veneers don’t change the shape of misshapen or oddly sized teeth because those odd sizes and shapes are still present. They’re just hidden away behind an ideally sized, shaped, textured, and coloured veneer
- If your teeth are slightly crooked, the application of perfectly straight veneers can redefine their alignment from the perspective of outside observers. Getting dental veneers in West Edmonton is much faster than having those teeth straightened anywhere!
- Veneers won’t close small or inconsistent spaces between your teeth, but will cover those gaps to reveal a perfect array of evenly shaped and spaced pearly whites wherever you want your smile transformed
When you visit a dentist near you to investigate veneers, the dentist will carefully assess the health of your teeth and gums. Veneers will last five to 10 years as long as the tooth they’re attached to remains healthy and sound for that long. The dentist will also explain some habits to avoid in order to sustain the lifespan of your veneers — things like grinding your teeth, biting your nails, and using your teeth like wrenches and pliers.
Once your dentist confirms you’re a good candidate for dental veneers, their staff will prepare your teeth for veneers by removing some enamel. That’s so the veneer can be bonded in place without adding any perceptible bulk or ridges going forward. Then they’ll take measurements and impressions that will be sent to dental technicians who will prepare your veneers. A week or two later, you’ll return to the dentist who will confirm the veneers fit, then bond them to your teeth to create the look you were looking for. After a few minutes of polishing and touching up, you’ll walk out of the dentist’s office with flawless teeth. And no one needs to know any differently.
Are you interested in veneers to perfect your smile by eliminating distracting flaws? Contact a dentist near you and ask how to get started. You could finally have the perfectly beautiful teeth you’ve always wanted — and a lot more quickly that you might have thought.